system of simultaneous equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22895] system of simultaneous equations
  • From: "David Braunholtz" <D.A.BRAUNHOLTZ at bham.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:41:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

WHile I've got the attention of a Mathematica expert, I am wanting to
select a single root of a system of simultaneous equations (with
positive values for all 3 variables) - and (being new to mathematica)
cannot work out how to do this. I successfully get a list of roots, but
cannot make the (you would think) easy step to reduce the list to
only (positive) roots. Any help VERY gratefully received. I have
searched in Mathgroup at Wolfram without finding anything.

Cheers

David Braunholtz
Department of Public Health & Epidemiology
Public Health Building
University of Birmingham
Birmingham B15 2TT
E-Mail:  D.A.Braunholtz at bham.ac.uk