Re: Help please!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg22947] Re: [mg22903] Help please!
  • From: "Tomas Garza" <tgarza at mail.internet.com.mx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 02:54:30 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mark S-N [mailto:ms-n at mail.com] wrote:

> I am rather new to Mathematica and I just ran into an extremely
> frustrating problem.
>
> I spent hours working on a notebook. Then, I try to open it and I'm told
> there are problems so I should "Special" open it. That I do, only to be
> told that there is a strange error in  a part of the code which reads:
> ShowAutoStyles->True]}],
>             ShowAutoStyles->False]}],
>
> So I take the last line out and resave...BIG mistake. Now I can only
> open the .nb file as ASCII. I replace the line I removed. Same thing.
> How do I get my notebook back?

Perhaps you could give us more detail as to what you did when you first
closed your notebook. Did you simply just Save with some filename? Does the
problem occur with every notebook you try to save and open again? Can you
just try a simple experiment like writing a single line in a new notebook,
saving it, closing and open back?

Tomas Garza
Mexico City