Re: Command to get a notebook's directory?

Adalbert/John,

Thanks to both of you for your reply.   Between the time I wrote my message
and the time you replied I also (after quite a bit of time!) came up with
the following

  ToFileName[ NotebookDirectory /. Options[$FrontEnd,
NotebookDirectory][[1]] ]

Since you both used the NotebookInformation[] function, I am wondering if
there is any reason my approach may be buggy.  Is there any hidden problems
in doing it my way?

Thanks,

Jordan

news:8ck0rd$g59 at smc.vnet.net...