Re: Command to get a notebook's directory?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg22978] Re: [mg22927] Command to get a notebook's directory?
- From: "Jordan Rosenthal" <jr at ece.gatech.edu>
- Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 14:44:46 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta GA, USA
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Adalbert/John, Thanks to both of you for your reply. Between the time I wrote my message and the time you replied I also (after quite a bit of time!) came up with the following ToFileName[ NotebookDirectory /. Options[$FrontEnd, NotebookDirectory][] ] Since you both used the NotebookInformation function, I am wondering if there is any reason my approach may be buggy. Is there any hidden problems in doing it my way? Thanks, Jordan "Adalbert Hanssen" <hanssen at zeiss.de> wrote in message news:8ck0rd$g59 at smc.vnet.net... > Hi, > > according to [mg20941], the solution is > > ToFileName[First["FileName" /. > NotebookInformation[EvaluationNotebook] > ] /. $RootDirectory->"" > ] > > greetings > > Adalbert >