M4 Problems with Initialization Cells

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg22985] M4 Problems with Initialization Cells
  • From: "Joaquín González de Echavarri" <jge at>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 01:45:51 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I've got the following problem: When I try to plot a curve or
a surface I get the answer:

In[1]:= ParametricPlot3D[ etc ]

Display::initstate: Display cannot be used during initialization.

- Graphics3D -

Out[1]:= Display[stdout, -Graphics3D -]

And the same for Plot. That's entirely independent of the situation of the
cell in the notebook.

If I check OptionInspector > CellOptions > EvaluationOption
>InitializationCell the result is False

Can anyone help?