selfdefined operators

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg22989] selfdefined operators
  • From: Roland Koppenberger <roland at>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 01:45:53 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have defined the operator \[CirclePlus] in the following way:

x_ \[CirclePlus] y_ := x y /(x + y)

When type in

1 \[CirclePlus] 2

I get 2/3 as the right result. But when I try to compute

1 \[CirclePlus] 2 \[CirclePlus] 3

the result will not be computed. How can I specify the operator in a
general way?