- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg22989] selfdefined operators
- From: Roland Koppenberger <roland at koppenberger.com>
- Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 01:45:53 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have defined the operator \[CirclePlus] in the following way: x_ \[CirclePlus] y_ := x y /(x + y) When type in 1 \[CirclePlus] 2 I get 2/3 as the right result. But when I try to compute 1 \[CirclePlus] 2 \[CirclePlus] 3 the result will not be computed. How can I specify the operator in a general way?