Trigonometric Styled Power Series (supplemented to Fract. Diff.Integrals)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23003] Trigonometric Styled Power Series (supplemented to Fract. Diff.Integrals)
- From: "Kai G. Gauer" <gauer at sk.sympatico.ca>
- Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 02:22:30 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How do I ask for a function of x, f[x], to be expanded not as a power series, but as a Trig Series in tems of integer only powers (because I'll be applying a fourier transform, and then its inverse times a constant directly afterwards) of sines and cosines? I'll also need to apply Normal to this before I apply the Fourier Transform. Is there a special option for series which will turn this on/off as needed? I'm guessing that it could be done with subbing an auxiliary variable of an arcfunction as is done for the Chebyshev polynomials, but I can't get much farther than this.