Re: Fixed Time Step for NDSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23032] Re: Fixed Time Step for NDSolve
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 02:43:21 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

probably not. I would not advice to remove the step size control.
Typical a inital value solver with constant steps take more steps
and accumulate more rounding errors than a solver with stepsize control.

You can still use the InterpolationFunction[] that comes out form
NDSolve[]
to create a table of data with constant increment.

Or you may have a look into the ProgrammingInMathematica`RungeKutta.m
package that make a constant stepsize integration.

Regards
  Jens