Directory Function

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23081] Directory Function
  • From: "Luis A. Fernandez" <qapfecul at>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 03:00:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

When I use the 'Directory[]' function in Mathematica 4.0 for Linux I get the name of the directory from which I launch a
However, when I use it in Mathematica 4.0 for Windows I get the directory from which the executable mathematica program
is lauched, regardless of the mane of the directory which holds the notebook.
I'm trying to make a program which works the same in both environments. My question is, How can I get the windows
version to retrieve the directory name from which a notebook is launched ?

Dr. Luis A. Fernandez
Department of Analytical Chemistry
University of The Basque Country
P.O. Box 644, 48080 Bilbao (Spain)