Re: Add Fonts when using Display[]

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23063] Re: Add Fonts when using Display[]
  • From: Andreas Stahel <stahel at>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 03:00:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

hans.steffani at (Hans Friedrich Steffani) writes:

> I am producing figures with Display[..,..,"PDF"]. After this,
> acroread tells me
> Unable to find or create the font 'Math1Mono'. Some characters may
> not display or print correctly.
> what must I do.
> Producing eps-Files with "EPS" produces similar problems. How can I
> force mathematica to add the needed fonts to the eps-file.

An easy work around is to let Mathematica use standard fonts. The variable
$FormatType does influence the fonts to be used. I have used the code below
to generate EPS graphics files (to be included with LaTeX) with consistent
success. I do not see a reason for a similar construction for PDF files not
to work.

CreateEPS[filename_, graphics_] :=
   $FormatType = OutputForm ;
Display[StringJoin[filename,".eps"], graphics ,"EPS"];
   $FormatType = tmpFormatType ;

Hope this helps

Andreas Stahel: Andreas.Stahel at