Re: Add Fonts when using Display[]

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23090] Re: Add Fonts when using Display[]
  • From: "Atul Sharma" <atulksharma at>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 00:37:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Two options:

1) Use the mathsource package from Paul Hinton to embed fonts:

emmathfnt - A Toolkit for Embedding Mathematica Fonts in EPS Files
P.J. Hinton
emmathfnt (version 1.04) is a toolkit for embedding Type 1 Math fonts in
Mathematica 4-generated EPS files. This is provided to users who need to
share their graphics with users who may not have the Type 1 Math fonts
available. On Windows and Unix systems a simple command line tool permits
the user to automate the embedding process within the kernel. Macintosh
users must run the tool as a standalone application. Source code is included
with the package.

2) (my preference) Convert EPS to PDF using Acrobat Distiller. Distiller can
be configured to embed the type 1 postscript Mathematica fonts. Distiller
can also be used to create postscript documents with embedded fonts. I've
had good success with this method, and Distiller is < $100 for academics. It
works well as a printer driver with Mathematica or as a stand-alone product.

A. S.
Atul Sharma MD, FRCP(C)
Pediatric Nephrologist,
McGill University/Montreal Children's Hospital

email: mdsa at