Re: Clear or remove definitions including Subscripts

Sanchez,

With subscripted variables the trick is to "unassign" the variable with
the form

Subscript[a, 11] = .

Note that you need the period "." after the equal sign "=" .  There
must be some subtle differences between Clear[] and "=." but I do not
know them.

In article <8djl1m$7j6 at smc.vnet.net>,
  "SANCHEZ DE LEON, Guillermo" <gsl at fab.enusa.es> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> If I write:
>
> In[1]:= Subscript[a, 11];
> In[2]:= Subscript[a, 12];
>
> Q1: How I can Clear or Remove the previous definitions?.
> Q2: Is it posible to clear at the same time all definitions with
pattern:
> Subscript[a, i] (* i=1,2,..*)
>
> I wish to avoid using Notation Package
>
> I have tested:
>
> In[3]: Clear[Subscript[a, 11]]
> Message: Clear:: "ssym": a_11 is not a symbol or a string
>
> In[4]: Clear["\!\(a\_11\)"]
>
> But they don`t work

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.