Re: Mathematica and 3D surface.

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23138] Re: Mathematica and 3D surface.
  • From: Martin Zacho <zac at>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 03:20:56 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Quite nice to make a reply to ones own problem :o)

> ).

Was the original data set. I then transformed the points from cartesian
coordinates (where I couldn't make an Interpolation on each cross section)
to cylindrical coordinates (where I was able to make an Interpolation). Then
I was able to make a nice uniform grid of points which could be used by
ListSurfacePlot3D (from the Graphics package). The result can be viewed at:

But then again... the original problem is still valid because this method
uses a special property of the data set (the cylindrical nature). A more
general method would still be appreciated :o)

Thanks for the input from all of you (via e-mail).