Re: Kernel keeps crashing

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23163] Re: Kernel keeps crashing
  • From: "Rasmus Debitsch" <debitsch at>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 23:48:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

you can suppres large outputs by overriding the $Post variable. I have added
to my Kernel/init.m the lines

reallyBig[x_]:=If[ByteCount[x]>2^14, Shallow[x], x];

You should find better examples in the archives of this newgroup.

        Rasmus Debitsch
        Carl Zeiss Lithos GmbH
        Carl Zeiss Strasse
        D-73447 Oberkochen