Re: Kernel keeps crashing
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23179] Re: Kernel keeps crashing
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 00:47:07 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8dntge$hoi at smc.vnet.net>, Oscar Stiffelman <oscar at internap.com> writes: > Does anyone else have a problem with the MathKernel crashing under linux > whenever a really big expression gets printed to the screen? This is > common problem because whenever I make a typo when manipulating large > ( > 2^14) lists, the debug message prints the entire list to the front > end. > > Is there a workaround that would disable printing of large lists? See this prior posting for some helpful hints: http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1998/Jul/msg00156.html -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.