Re: Remote kernel with ssh
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23180] Re: Remote kernel with ssh
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 00:47:07 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8dnvac$ht9 at smc.vnet.net>, Shane Frasier <jsf9k at virginia.edu> writes: > I am running mathematica on a Win95 system, and I would like to be able > to access the kernel on a local linux machine while using the front end on > my computer. Unfortunately the linux machine only accepts ssh, and I can't > seem to get it to work. I have changed the "Shell command to launch kernel" > to > > c:\ssh\ssh.exe -q -l username hostname 'math -mathlink -LinkMode > Connect -LinkName > > but nothing happens. It doesn't even prompt me for a password. I have > checked that ssh works from the command line. > Does anyone know how to get this to work? See this previously posted article for some helpful hints: http://library.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/1999/Nov/msg00265.html -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.