Re: Help, my MathLink Examples segfault.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23201] Re: Help, my MathLink Examples segfault.
- From: Jim Radford <radford at robotics.caltech.edu>
- Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 01:12:08 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: California Institute of Technology, Pasadena
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
raholcom at unity.ncsu.edu (Richard Allan Holcombe) writes: > I would like to use mathlink. I downloaded the DeveloperKit, and > the makefile successfully compiled the example programs, but when I > run the programs, they crash. I am running mathematica 3.0 for > students, on RedHat6.1 Linux I have the latest mathlink.h, mathML.a > files, and the PrebuiltExamples work fine. Note that Mathematica <= 4.0 is compiled with libc5 and Red Hat >= 5.x uses glibc6. I get crashes when mixing them. You might want to try my gcc-libc5 rpm available from ftp://robotics.caltech.edu/pub/radford/ It should not interfere with the normal operation of your system. Almost everything it installs goes in /usr/i486-linux-libc5. You then need to prefix the "mcc" command with CC="gcc-libc5 -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib" -Jim