Re:SPlus-like Dataframe-IO/UpValue for lists

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg23269] Re:[mg23071] SPlus-like Dataframe-IO/UpValue for lists
  • From: Claudius Schnörr <schnoerr at mailzone.com>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:05:11 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

[contact the author to obtain notebooks - moderator]

Hello Bob and Bojan,

based upon Bobs suggestion I extended my little MatrixIO.m-package to read
and write SPlus-like dataframes (with column-names, NAs and strings are
allowed as well, no rownames yet).
It uses cls.m. Dataframe.nb is an example of using it. dataframe.asc is an
ascii-dataframe example.

A dataframe-object is a three-components list with a matrix,the column-names
and some comments.

Unfortunately I wasn't successful to convert Part[...] or [[...]] ->
DFPart[...] for dataframe-objects. In Dataframe.nb there are examples of my
unsuccessful tries.

This was a very fast hack with no respect to performance etc. But perhaps it
is useful to others.

I thank you very much for your suggestions,

Claudius

Dataframe.nb
cls.m
MatrixIO.m
testdf.asc

Dr.-Ing. Claudius Schnoerr        DDG Gesellschaft fuer Verkehrsdaten mbH
                                  Niederkasseler Lohweg 20
Tel:   ++49-(0)211-52777-423      40547 Duesseldorf
Fax:   ++49-(0)211-52777-109
email: Claudius.Schnoerr at ddg.de