Re: Please help with a Hypergeometric2F1 problem...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23245] Re: Please help with a Hypergeometric2F1 problem...
- From: Ronald Bruck <bruck at math.usc.edu>
- Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:04:52 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Univ of Southern California
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <8e3b5h$kom at smc.vnet.net>, zeno at magicnet.net wrote: > I symbolically integrated the function..(x^2*(x-1))^(1/3) with respect to > x. > > There is in the answer... Hypergeometric2F1[2/3,2/3,5/3,x] > > I can do nothing more with that..it just returns it. A Hypergeometric2F1 > with different parameters like Hypergeometric2F1[2,2,5,x] gives an > answer. I > am using version 3. Is Mathematica unable to compute it? > > I can get the Integral with out the Hypergeometric function on the > TI-92+, > (it gives the answer in a different for using Tan, etc.) but I still > would > like to work with the Mathematica answer. > Would you mind sharing the answer which the TI-92+ returns? I'm suspicious... --Ron Bruck -- Due to University fiscal constraints, all .sigs must be only one line.