  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg23304] spectroscopy
  • From: LMGorski at (Larry Gorski)
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:13:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Has anyone tried using Mathematica to analyze astronomical spectra?  I'm
starting to develop a notebook to assist some amateur astronmers who
take spectra of short period variable stars.  Normally, I do photometry
of the same stars and while we have some good software to do the
photometric analysis, our spectroscopic work is still in its infancy.
Any ideas would be appreciated.