Re: DSolve, it should be beautiful...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg23290] Re: DSolve, it should be beautiful...
- From: Nicola Attico <attico at peg2.difi.unipi.it>
- Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 21:13:40 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Centro SERRA - University of Pisa
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> It seems to work fine in Mathematica 4. [Paulh] > It did it for me (I use 4.0). [Leszek] Maybe this is the problem... The more recent version of Mathematica I can access is In:=$Version Out=Linux 3.0 (April 25, 1997) I've to complain with my System Administrator!! Is DSolve so improuved from version 3 to version 4? Can I ask you for a kindness, Paul? Can you check if the following equation DSolve[f''[z]-(z/(1-z^2))f[z]+(a+b/(1-z^2))f[z]==0,f[z],z] can be solved in the more recent version of Mathematica you have? This is not a Legendre equation but it was the problem originally I had, of which I could not find solutions using DSolve of Mathematica 3.0. A last question. If I remember correctly DSolve is a separate program (add-on?. Can I use a more recent version of DSolve without changing the version of Mathematica? Thanks for your time, Nicola Attico. ---------------- Nicola Attico Dip. Fisica - Piazza Torricelli, 2 - Pisa E-Mail: attico at peg2.difi.unipi.it Office: +39 050 911259 Telefax: +39 050 48277