Which graphics card should I buy?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24749] Which graphics card should I buy?
- From: Jacob Thamsborg <thams at thams.egmont-kol.dk>
- Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 02:31:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: UNI-C
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi there I'm just about to buy a new computer and as I expect to be using mathematica rather heavily (including 3D stuff) I would like to know if you could recommend anything. I'm especially thinking about which video card I should buy, do mathematica support any of the fancy 3D cards or would a low budget card (say 4MB RAM) do just as well ? And do you reccommend any type of processor (Pentium / Athlon / Duron / etc.) thanks a lot Jacob Thamsborg