SetDirectory[ ] for Folders on the Mac Desktop?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24759] SetDirectory[ ] for Folders on the Mac Desktop?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 02:32:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

How can I SetDiretory[ ] to a folder that's on my Macintosh desktop?

SetDirectory["myHardDisk:someHardDiskFolder"] works fine.

SetDirectory["myHardDisk:someDesktopFolder"] doesn't.

Neither does SetDirectory["myHardDisk:Desktop:someDesktopFolder"].

Using the Mac "Get Info" command on someHardDiskFolder or
someDesktopFolder seems to give the same form for either one, i.e. it
doesn't show any explicit "Desktop" aspect in the file path for the
latter case.

Thanks   siegman at stanford.edu