SetDirectory[ ] for Folders on the Mac Desktop?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24759] SetDirectory[ ] for Folders on the Mac Desktop?
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 02:32:41 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
How can I SetDiretory[ ] to a folder that's on my Macintosh desktop? SetDirectory["myHardDisk:someHardDiskFolder"] works fine. SetDirectory["myHardDisk:someDesktopFolder"] doesn't. Neither does SetDirectory["myHardDisk:Desktop:someDesktopFolder"]. Using the Mac "Get Info" command on someHardDiskFolder or someDesktopFolder seems to give the same form for either one, i.e. it doesn't show any explicit "Desktop" aspect in the file path for the latter case. Thanks siegman at stanford.edu