Re: Package naming

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24717] Re: Package naming
  • From: paulh at (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 02:31:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <8mdk7g$536 at>,
 Jack Goldberg <jackgold at> writes:

> Now the problem ...
> What do I put as the argument of BeginPackage[?]

It should be a string containing the name of the context in which the
symbols of your package should be created.  Paste this expression in
a notebook and evaluate it to retrieve some additional information.

  FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["AddOns", "6.14.5"]

> and where should the package be stored so that the call to load it
> is not too different from <<PieceWiseContinuous` ?

You should place the file in a directory that is searched by the
kernel for file input operations.  You can obtain a list of these
directories on your system by evaluating the symbol $Path.

  FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup["MainBook", {"2.11.4", "4.10"}]

The Get[] operation will resolve the context name
PieceWiseContinuous` into the filename PiecewiseContinuous.m
and look for a file by this name in the order listed by

P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.