puzzle 15

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24822] puzzle 15
  • From: "Borut L." <JustMyName at>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:49:46 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I've written algorithm in Mathematica for a summer homework on Loyd's puzzle
15. I've used back-tracing, i.e. exhaustive search method for it, because
nothing else came on my mind. It turned out, it's extremlly slow (especially
for boards larger than 3x3). I post here to ask anybody for a good tip on
the subject matter.

Thanks, Borut L.