- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24822] puzzle 15
- From: "Borut L." <JustMyName at email.si>
- Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:49:46 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Home
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Helo, I've written algorithm in Mathematica for a summer homework on Loyd's puzzle 15. I've used back-tracing, i.e. exhaustive search method for it, because nothing else came on my mind. It turned out, it's extremlly slow (especially for boards larger than 3x3). I post here to ask anybody for a good tip on the subject matter. Thanks, Borut L.