puzzle 15

Helo,

I've written algorithm in Mathematica for a summer homework on Loyd's puzzle
15. I've used back-tracing, i.e. exhaustive search method for it, because
nothing else came on my mind. It turned out, it's extremlly slow (especially
for boards larger than 3x3). I post here to ask anybody for a good tip on
the subject matter.

Thanks, Borut L.