Mathematica palette resize + menu fonts

Hi!

I need to resize the BasicTypesetting palette in Mathematica 4 since
part of it (the right hand side) is partially cut off. My palette window
is not resizable, so I probably have to mess around with
BasicTypesetting.nb (in SystemFiles/FrontEnd/Palettes) directly. In this
file the line

		ScreenRectangle->{{0, 1024}, {0, 695}}

appeared to be a promising candidate to change the default size.
Unfortunately, Mathematica complains that BasicTypesetting.nb has been
edited externally.

Furthermore, does anybody know how to change the font to bold in the
menu? I tried to change this in the preferences menu, but this seems to
affect only the body text of a notebook.

Thanks very much for any help. Best,
                                        Mike