Galois Field operations

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg24891] Galois Field operations
  • From: "Matthew Peacock" <mpeac at>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:46:07 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am trying to do some work with polynomials that have coefficients from
GF(16) using Mathematica 2.2.  I have downloaded the package from MathSource
that allows the manipulation of finite field elements, but Mathematica just
carks it if I try to expand the following expression:

Has anybody any idea whether:
    - this is a reasonable thing to ask Mathematica to do
    - there is a better package or (dare I say) software package to do this

Mat Peacock