RE: Re: Mathematica newbie

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg24914] RE: [mg24886] Re: Mathematica newbie
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 01:35:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Au Han,

If you really "don't know how to start using [Mathematica] altogether" then:

1) Carefully read Steven Wolframs "Suggestions about Learning Mathematica"
at the beginning of the Mathematica book.

2) Work through as much of Part I of the book as seems relevant to you.
(Most of it should.) Mathematica won't be a useful tool for you until you
have at least typed in and tried out most of the basic commands.

3) If you are really serious, work through the rest of the book, as you
become comfortable with the basics.

4) You will learn how to generate and invert "Hilbert matrices" in Section
1.8.3 on Vectors and Matrices.

5) After learning the basics, you will still probably get stuck on problems.
Use MathGroup. It is the fastest way to get over difficulties.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net