Saving Large Matrices
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg24773] Saving Large Matrices
- From: bbongiorno at attglobal.net
- Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:31:56 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I need a effective way to store and retrieve a 300,000 x 44 matrix that includes alpha numeric and numeric cells. The data is first downloaded from a database into a mathematica variable in a note book. Included in some of the alpha numeric cells are commas, tabs and spaces and therefore I cannot use Write function. If I use the Write function to store the matrix, the integrity of the shape of the matrix is impaired. The Export function works but it takes 24 hours to store the matrix on a Pentium II 300 with major virtual memory usage.