Volumes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26219] Volumes
  • From: bobmarley4u2c at my-deja.com
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 18:05:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a problem like: Find the volume of the solid obtained by
rotating the region bounded by y=x^3, y=8 and x=0 about the y -axis. I
know how to solve this on paper, but the real problem is how can I
visualize this graph in 3d? My book does a good job of showing it, how
can I produce pictures like that with Mathematica?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.