Re: embedding Mathematica equations in MS Word part 2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26248] Re: embedding Mathematica equations in MS Word part 2
  • From: Mike <m.honeychurch at sci.monash.edu.au>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 02:16:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

in article FvjX5.48591$b16.294420 at ralph.vnet.net, DongGook Park at
dgpark6 at kt.co.kr wrote on 6/12/00 2:45 PM:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I cannot understand what you exactly want to do. But, anyway, I suppose that
> you are not aware of probably the best way to copy a Mathematica equation into
> Word document, which is:
>
> 1) Drag and Select the part of equation in the notebook.
> 2) Push the right button and the pop-up menu will display, where you
> select "Copy As -- Metafile".
> 3) In the Word file, select "Edit -- Paste Special -- Extended Meta
> File"

I use a Mac and therefore save the equations as PICT.

I've also tried tagging cells and exporting equations as high resolution
(360 dpi) TIFFs but I find PICT gives better results with less hassles.

...notwithstanding that the font no longer is courier when I print my word
document to *.pdf due to this frustrating "no MC font present" error message
that occurs in acrobat exchange.

> Note that simple copy by "Ctrl V" or "Edit -- Paste" does not work well.
> By the way, why don't you make your notebook files directly into pdf files,
> instead of Word to PDF?

Its a long story.