Relative Font Size in Plots / Graphics`

Hi there, it is often useful to define a relative
font size for fonts in plots or functions. As far as
I can see, I can only specify the PointSize for the
fonts used using Graphics primitives.

For example I would like to specify the font size
as 0.04 times the size of the plot. This way the fonts
are ok, regardless of the size of the presentation.
I know how to do this with graphic objects, but how
to do it with fonts?

Dirk