RE: Relative Font Size in Plots / Graphics`

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26316] RE: [mg26296] Relative Font Size in Plots / Graphics`
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:38:01 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dirk,

I don't think that in general it is possible to do what you wish. That is,
you can't make it so that the font size will enlarge if you select the plot
and then drag it to a larger size.

But if you are willing to specify the size of the image in your plotting
statement, then it is possible. Just put in a TextStyle statement and make
the FontSize a function of the ImageSize. Here is an example.

Module[{imagesize = 450, fontsize},
 fontsize = 6 + imagesize/100;
 Plot[Sin[x], {x, 0, 2*Pi},
     ImageSize -> imagesize, TextStyle -> {FontSize -> Ceiling[fontsize],
FontWeight -> "Bold"},
     PlotLabel -> "Adjustable Font Size"]];

Now, changing the image size will automatically scale the font size.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net