Re: Mathlink probs under Unix

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26262] Re: Mathlink probs under Unix
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 00:19:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

for what is fastbinary good for in version 4 ? because there is

?Experimental`BinaryExport
"BinaryExport[channel, expr, format] exports expr to channel as binary
data \
in the specified format."

?Experimental`BinaryImport

"BinaryImport[channel, format] imports binary data from channel in the \
specified format."

The problem in fastbinary comes form very large usage strings.
It has inside some usage messages with strings of more than 1000
characters.
Many compiler don't like this. The result is, that the string is cutted
somewhere in the middle and the closing "-sign is not seen by the
compiler,
that cause the "unterminated character constant" message.

You can/must edit the source code and add C-line continuations  with \
and line feeds to the code.

Regards
  Jens