Something about partitioning

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26349] Something about partitioning
  • From: Swati Sinha Deb <swatisd at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 02:41:12 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with partitioning. Like, if we
restucture a network into two blocks. Suppose we have
N number of nodes, so we can divide it into N/2
blocks.
And we have certain arrangements within that block.

Let's take N=6, so we have 3 blocks and in block 2 we
have 2  4 and 3  3 arrangements. I need to consider
the criteria that each sub block must have atleast 2
nodes in it.

Can anybody help me in formulating the whole thing. Is
there any method/function in number theory to arrange
all this in a formula.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Swati