How do you reduce the size of an eps file produced by ListContourPlot3D (or the like?)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26354] How do you reduce the size of an eps file produced by ListContourPlot3D (or the like?)
  • From: Oliver Schwindt <mccpgos2 at dirac.phy.umist.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 02:41:15 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear All,

I am create a lot of three dimensional plots with ListContourPlot3D. In my
plots, a lot of data is plotted but covered up by other data which is
closer to the viewer. Unfortunately, the eps file stores all the redundent
data which is not actually seen. I would like to know how in Mathematica
or with other programs, this redundent data can be deleted. I would like
to preserve the scalability of the plot though, and therefore would not
like to create a jpeg or similar file.

oliver