Question: numerical solution of nonlinear differential equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26390] Question: numerical solution of nonlinear differential equation
  • From: Ronald Sastrawan <sastra at fmf.uni-freiburg.de>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 02:40:18 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello !

I encountered a problem, trying to numerically solve a differential
equation.
My equation looks like:

A y''[x] - B y[x]' + C Exp[-Dx] == 0
with boundary conditions: y'[0]==0 , y'[E]==0

All constants A to E are known.

Mathematica complains, that the equation is not linear. But in the
online documentation I saw many examples of nonlinear differential
equations, which all work fine. What is the difference between the
examples and my equation ? And is there a possibility to NDSolve my
equation ?

Any hint on this would be of great help to me.

Thanks a lot,

Ronald

--
Ronald Sastrawan