Rotation of 2D graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26432] Rotation of 2D graphics
  • From: "Stephen Sheppard" <Stephen.C.Sheppard at williams.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:21:51 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have some graphics generated by showing several 2d plots, and I would like
to be able to spin these about a specified point.  This is very easy if
everything has been generated using primitives like Line, Point, etc.  What
I would like to be able to do is to take an entire image that can be viewed
using "Show" and rotate it by r radians about the point {x,y}.  Something
like:

Show[%]

ShowRotate[%,r,{x,y}]
would then produce the graphic with everything (including the axes, labels,
etc.) rotated.

Any suggestions?  I would be happy if this were obvious.

Stephen Sheppard
Department of  Economics
Williams College