J/Link trouble on Win2000

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg26422] J/Link trouble on Win2000
  • From: murphee <werner.schuster at>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:21:43 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

yo group,

I have to use J/Link on a Win2000 machine; most of it works, but I have one
the evaluateToImage and evaluateToTypeset methods don't seem to work;

on my home machine with WinNT 4.0 everything works perfect, but when I use the
same code on the Win2000 computer, the above mentioned methods return null;

there can't be a problem with the connection to the MathKernel, cause other
things (calcuating Numbers,...) work;
it can't be a problem with wrong Expression either, since the code works
perfectly on my home machine (and actually
on 2 other NT4 machines);

hope someone can shed some light on this...

thanx in advance
my site:
a must:
so is this:
as well as:
"... and the fact that I haven't put a gun to my mouth yet, makes me a winner!"
Al Bundy