Re: Integral involving erfc and j1

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26438] Re: Integral involving erfc and j1
  • From: Shaun Roe <shaun.roe at cern.ch>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 01:51:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I had a similar problem integrating erfc^2 multiplied by a gauss...in my
case it gave the wrong numerical answer as long as the limits were infinite;
what I did in the end was to write it with large but finite limits, which
gave me the correct answer. (I checked the behaviour by varying the limits
to make sure)
For an analytical expression I resorted to the old-fashioned way and looked
it up in a big book of integrals
--
Shaun Roe