Math Link and MSDOS batch files?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26425] Math Link and MSDOS batch files?
  • From: me <wshanks3 at home.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 00:21:46 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am trying to communicate with the DOS program NEC-2 (Numerical
Electromagnetic Code).
I was figuring I might spawn a process with LinkLaunch directly to NEC
or to a batch file that runs NEC.

LinkLaunch is able to launch a batch file, but I am unable it get a
response from LinkRead or LinkWrite.

If possible I would like to spawn and communicate with NEC directly.
The Mathematica Manual mentions that with MathLink I should be able to
communicate with existing Program user interfaces, but it give no good
example of how to accomplish this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thank you
Wayne Shanks