simple questions about matrices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26472] simple questions about matrices
  • From: Cristian Opazo-Castillo <cropazo at vassar.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 22:46:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello all:

I hope that someone is still working and could help me with this...

(a) I have a (m,n) matrix a with integer entries. How can I construct
a separate list with the totals of adding the entries of either the
rows or columns?

(b) How can I construct a (m+1,n) matrix where the new row's entries
are the sums of all numbers on each column?

(c) In general, how can I attach additional columns (o rows) to an
existing matrix?

Thanks a lot and Happy Holidays,

Cristian