RE: Reading only numbers

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg26496] RE: [mg26492] Reading only numbers
  • From: "Krautschik, Chris G" <krautschikc at>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:31:30 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Let's say the file is an ASCII file named "coil.txt";

You can import it in the following way that reads in the header plus the

dat = Import["coil.txt", "Table"];

This shows each line of text from which you can see that you only want rows
6 through 11.

Assign the list of data to dat2:
dat2=dat[[ Range[6, 11] ]]

This shows the results of dat2:
{{1, 1.5}, {3}, {10, 3}, {7}, {50, 11}, {66}}

Now you can access particular values through the various indeces of dat2;