NEED HELP! Mathematica seems to "forget" that a package has been loaded

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26487] NEED HELP! Mathematica seems to "forget" that a package has been loaded
  • From: "raygunprez" <raygunprez at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 02:52:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi everyone...

I am still relatively new to the Mathematica environment, so I please
request that you have some patience.

I am encountering a situation where when I issue the command
<<Statistics`DiscreteDistributions` and attempt to use any of the
functions therein that during the evaluation of that cell that it does
NOT evaluate to a numerical answer.

This is just one example but there are several other packages such as
Graphics and Geometry where this is the case...Mathematica responds that
such package has loaded.  However, the functions don't evaluate.

If you happen to know of any tips, tricks, or procedures to overcome
this I would truly appreciate it.

Sincerely,
Rodolfo J. Cazabon