Re: NEED HELP! Mathematica seems to "forget" that a package has been loaded

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26495] Re: [mg26487] NEED HELP! Mathematica seems to "forget" that a package has been loaded
  • From: BobHanlon at aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 21:31:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You did not give any examples so I will just give you some examples to check
your syntax.

Needs["Statistics`DiscreteDistributions`"];

dist = PoissonDistribution[mu];

Sum[PDF[dist, x], {x, Sequence @@ Domain[dist]}]

1

Mean[dist] == Sum[x*PDF[dist, x], {x, Sequence @@ Domain[dist]}]

True

{PDF[dist, x], CDF[dist, x], Variance[dist], PDF[PoissonDistribution[7], 10]}

{mu^x/(E^mu*x!), GammaRegularized[Floor[x] + 1, mu], mu,
  40353607/(518400*E^7)}

N[PDF[PoissonDistribution[7], 5]]

0.12771666829228964

Bob Hanlon