  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg26503] How can I obtain an echelon form of a Matrix in Mathematica?
  • From: "sssds" <galek at bph.onet.pl>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 01:55:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Suppose I have matrix. How can I reduce it to it's echelon (not row
canonical) form ?
What I mean is that the RowReduce[] commmand gives me
directly the row canonical form and I don't want
all the leading entries to be only entries in a given column.
Any hints?

PS. If you could also send any replies to galek at bph.onet.pl I would be
gladful.