Consrtaining Variables

I am working on a package where I need to constrain the domain of some
variables to the non-negative integers. In particular I would like to be
able for Mathematica to recognize that Abs[a-x] = x-a when x>=a where
the Abs term is in both the limits and kernal of a Sum.

Thanks.

Jeff
--
Jeffrey Hersh,PhD