Re: Newbie question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg26506] Re: Newbie question
  • From: paulh at (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 01:55:18 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Adam Yudelman <yudelman at> wrote:

> I have a problem with Mathematica 4.0 under NT 4:
> Whenever I try a Plot[ ] command it says "\!\(Display\) cannot
> be used during initialization."
> The help files were unhelpful on this subject, am I doing
> something wrong or is there a problem with the program?

The help files would not be of any assistance here because this
error message cannot be issued in a legitimately licensed copy
of Mathematica.

Your copy of Mathematica is a cracked version.  This has been addressed
in this a prior posting to comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica.

P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at
Wolfram Research, Inc.