Newbie question

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg26488] Newbie question
  • From: "Adam Yudelman" <yudelman at>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 02:52:26 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have a problem with Mathematica 4.0 under NT 4:
Whenever I try a Plot[ ] command it says "\!\(Display\) cannot be used
during initialization." and then
Display["stdout", \[SkeletonIndicator]Graphics\[SkeletonIndicator]] with no
nice graph like it should have,
but this is long after it has booted up and I've been doing other things
with it already?
The help files were unhelpful on this subject, am I doing something wrong or
is there a problem with the program?