Re: Help! Mathematica on my 500MHz outperforms my GHz machine!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21866] Re: Help! Mathematica on my 500MHz outperforms my GHz machine!
- From: Jacek Pliszka <pliszka at fuw.edu.pl>
- Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:54:22 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 30 Jan 2000 terryis at my-deja.com wrote: > > Athlons have 100MHz bus. Some PIII's have 133MHz bus. > > Thus if your simulation is memory intensive PIII 500MHz > > can be faster than Athlon 1GHz. > > According to the documentation I have a have a "200MHz system interface > bus based on the Alpha EV6 bus protocol". Could the documentation be > wrong? Probably you just read the wrong parapgraph. Check your BIOS settings. The types of Athlon MOBOs I have used (FIC,Microstar,Asus) all run at 100MHz system bus. BR, Jacek