  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg21970] Expectations
  • From: "Paraskevopoulos, Yannis [euler:eti-lon]" <Yannis.P at>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:02:24 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi there!

Has anybody devised a clever way to derive mathematical expectations E(x),
variances V(x) etc? To be more precise, suppose I define a pdf function for
x (or for more variables), is it possible to derive the above moments of the
given distribution?

Yannis Paraskevopoulos

Risk Management,
EULER Trade Indemnity plc