- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg21970] Expectations
- From: "Paraskevopoulos, Yannis [euler:eti-lon]" <Yannis.P at eulergroup.com>
- Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:02:24 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Has anybody devised a clever way to derive mathematical expectations E(x),
variances V(x) etc? To be more precise, suppose I define a pdf function for
x (or for more variables), is it possible to derive the above moments of the
EULER Trade Indemnity plc
* 0207 860 2647
Fax 0207 860 2481
* yannis.p at eulergroup.com
Prev by Date:
Re: Saving plotted data as ASCII text data ?
Next by Date:
Re: Why doesn't Mathematica know this?
Previous by thread:
Re: #1 FindRoot and protected variables? #2 Am I using the wrong method?
Next by thread: